Operation Christmas Child
Help us make a difference this Christmas, as we join the Operation Christmas Child Appeal and help spread a little bit of Christmas cheer across the world, to those children who really need it this year.
Getting involved is simple, all you need to do is make a Christmas Shoebox Gift and we’ll give make sure it gets handed to a Child in need this Christmas!!!
Follow our 4 step process to help make a difference this year:
Get a shoebox and a leaflet
Gift wrap the outside
Fill your box with toys and fun stuff
Secure lid with a rubber band and Drop it off
Keep your eyes peeled for deals in the run up to Christmas; you can put a box together at a much lower cost if you start planning now!
Info for Individuals and Small Businesses
Collect a leaflet and a shoe box (if you don’t have one) from any of our Operation Christmas Child drop-off locations as below: The Wave & Swansea Sound, Victoria Road Swansea, or find your nearest drop off location below.
Info for Schools and Corporates
Register your details here to arrange delivery of your required volume of leaflets and boxes (if you don’t have any). We will then arrange to collect them from you when you’re finished! If you’re registering on behalf of a school, you could be getting a visit from The Wave and Swansea Sound Presenters to collect your gifts in person!
Giving a shoebox gift to a child in need is simple with Operation Christmas Child
In the UK, children and adults last year sent nearly 1 million shoe boxes full of gifts packed with love to disadvantaged children in Africa, Eastern Europe and Central Asia. Without these gifts, these children would not have had Christmas at all. Let’s bring Christmas to some of the poorest children in the world this year.
Here’s How: You wrap and pack it, Take it to your nearest Drop Off Point, We deliver it: (It starts in your hands and ends up in theirs.)
1. Find an empty shoebox. The shoebox should ideally be medium size, as shown. Wrap the lid and the box separately in wrapping paper (before going on to insert your gifts). Or use a Go-Box from one of our collection / drop-off points.
2. Decide if your gift is for a boy or girl. Click here to download a copy of our girl/boy stickers or get a sticker from your collection / drop-off point. Tick the appropriate age box on the sticker provided and stick it on the outside of the lid (top right). The age categories are 2-4, 5-9, and 10-14. Make sure the label is secure.
3. What to Pack; Use our suggested gifts listed here to help you choose what to put in your box.
4. Make your shipping donation. Operation Christmas Child suggest a £3 'shipping' donation per shoebox - which helps ensure your shoebox gets to where it needs to go.
Please put your donation in the box or donate online if at all possible - so we can tell you where your shoebox went.
5. Drop off your shoebox. Ensure your shoebox is secured with a rubber band around the outside. Then take your shoebox to your nearest drop off point between November 1st - 18th. You can use our online locator to find your nearest drop off point here or drop off at The Wave and Swansea Sound.
Box Drop Off locations
The Wave & Swansea Sound:
Victoria Road, Swansea.
22/24 Quay Street, Ammanford Dyfed SA18 3BS
20 Quay Street AMMANFORD Carmarthen SA18 3BS
15 Stepney Street Llanelli Dyfed SA15 3YB
106 Woodfield Street, Morriston, Swansea Glamorgan SA6 8AS
Address:8 Union Street, Swansea Glamorgan SA1 3EE
23 Green Street, Glyn Neath Glamorgan SA11 1DF
4 Lammas Street, Carmarthen Dyfed SA31 3AD
Unit 18 Aberafan Centre, Port Talbot Glamorgan SA13 1PB
Address:136/137 Commercial Street, Maesteg Glamorgan CF34 9DW
High Street, Treorchy Glamorgan CF42 6AS