Stereophonics in Swansea - Essential Info
Stereophonics play a one-off gig in Swansea at Singleton Park on Saturday 13th July.
If you're going, we really do hope you enjoy.
Below is some essential bits and pieces that might make things a little easier on the day.
TIMINGS ON THE DAY
Gates open at 3.00pm and the music will begin when Fireroad take to the stage at 4.50pm.
The full timings are listed below.
(Please note that timings may change and should be used as a guide)
Gruff Rhys 5:45pm
Tom Grennan 6:55pm
Show ends 10.45pm
There will be a 100% bag search operation in place at the event so please allow sufficient time to arrive and go through the entry procedure. Acceptance of being searched is a condition of entry and all bags and rucksacks will be searched. Please do not bring anything that you do not need. There will not be any storage for bags. Please avoid bringing bags larger than A4 size.
Gates open 3.00pm. Ends approx 10.45pm
All car parks will open from 12noon.
Please note that there is no overnight parking available in any event car park.
We'll have up-to-date travel updates on air during the day and here too
Note, there will be a number of road closures and diversions on the weekend in order to ensure the safety, security and enjoyment of those attending the event.
- De La Beche Road and Gower Road (between De La Beche Road and Eversley Road) will be a no parking area from 9am on Saturday, July 13th to 2am, Sunday, July 14th . For safety, security and to aid traffic movement in the area we are required to keep some roads free of parked vehicles.
- In order to be able to ensure this, there will be parking restrictions and a vehicle tow-away operation taking place on the roads mentioned. If you are affected by these closures, we would kindly request that you move your vehicle to an alternative location before 9am on Saturday, July 13th
- De La Beche Road will be one-way only (east to west) from 8am on Saturday, July 13th to 2am, Sunday, July 14th
- Llewelyn Street and Lewis Street will be one-way only from 12am on Saturday, July 13th to 2am, Sunday, July 14th
- Brynmill Lane between Oystermouth Road to Bryn Rd Roundabout will be closed to traffic from 7am Saturday, July 13th to 2am, Sunday, July 14th.
- Brynmill Lane between Bryn Rd Roundabout and Gower Road will be closed to traffic from 12noon Saturday, July 13th to 2am, Sunday, July 14th.
- Gower Road (between De La Beche Road and Eversley Road) and Mumbles Road (between Sketty Lane and Gorse Lane) will be closed to traffic from approximately 10pm to 11.45pm on Saturday, July 13th. This is to ensure the safety and security of concert-goers as they leave the concert. We expect these to be the busiest times in the area around Singleton Park.
- Diversion signs will be set up to assist traffic flows in the area but it is expected to be very busy, particularly at the times when the concerts end.
- Access to all areas will be maintained for the emergency services at all times.
- Council Parking Enforcement Officers will be operating in the area over the event weekend to monitor indiscriminate or illegal car parking in order to help minimise disruption for residents.
Enjoy the gig and to reminisce from 20 years ago in Morfa, press play on the below!